Are you a skilled artisan, craftsman, or contractor? Do you have certifications and work experience as a tradesman?
If so, you may be able to come to Canada on the Canada Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC) program. CIP is here to help you take your first step by guiding you through the Express Entry program. As of January 1, 2015 candidates must first make an expression of interest through the use of this program.
In order to qualify for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa, Federal Skilled Trades applicants must:
- Have offers of employment from up to two employers in Canada of at least one year duration OR a Certificate of Qualification from a provincial or territorial body;
- Provide proof of basic language proficiency from a designated language testing organization, demonstrating that the applicant meets the minimum threshold set by the Minister — Canadian Level Benchmark (CLB) 5 for speaking and listening, CLB 4 for reading and writing;
- Have obtained 24 months of qualified work experience in the skilled trade in the last five years; and
- Be able to demonstrate the skills and experience and that they have performed the essential duties of the occupation.
All NOC B level occupations will be eligible for this program. This amounts to a total of 90 eligible occupations.
These eligible occupations fall into the following general categories:
- Industrial, electrical and construction trades;
- Maintenance and equipment operation trades;
- Supervisors and technical occupations in national resources, agriculture and related production;
- Processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators;
- Chefs and cooks; and
- Butchers and bakers.
Don’t believe the myth that Canada only wants doctors, scientists, and engineers. We have room for all kinds of skilled professionals. We’ll also help you complete the Express Entry process correctly to ensure that you maximize your chances of success.
Feel like your work experience does not qualify? Don’t give up. CIP is happy to help you identify another pathway to Canadian residency or citizenship. Contact us today so we can identify the program that is right for you.