The written job offer is such an important piece of your employee’s immigration puzzle. If it does not meet IRCC and ESDC requirements, then your employees will not be able to take advantage of the fastest and easiest routes to Canada.
Let CIP guide you in issuing job offers that get approved.
ESDC confirmation is based on the following conditions:
- The offer of employment is genuine;
- The wages and working conditions of the employment are sufficient to attract and retain Canadians; and
- The employment is full-time and not seasonal.
The Job Offer
Canadian Employers are required by IRCC and ESDC to prepare a formal employment contract or a Job Offer Letter for future employees, which must include:
- Job title for the position being offered;
- Job description, including main duties and responsibilities;
- Requirements for the position – a list of necessary professional credentials, education, skills, experience, and licences, as required;
- Details about start and end dates (if applicable) of the position;
- Specifics about the salary you are offering – both wages and other forms of payment; and
- The name and address of the employer, the address of the employee’s future place of work, and the details of a contact person at the Canadian company who is familiar with the job offer.
Along with verifying that the job offer is genuine, ESDC will ensure that the conditions the Canadian company is offering are consistent with Canadian standards. Once ESDC has confirmed the job offer with a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), CIC will grant employment authorization for the company’s future employee(s) to work in Canada.
NOTE: If the employment is to take place in the province of Quebec, the job offer must also be approved by the Quebec Government. To learn more, click here.
Got questions about issuing job offers to foreign employees?
Don’t wait. Contact CIP today to get started. We’re here to guide you and your employees through every part of the immigration process. With our help you can fill shortages and find top talent from around the globe, all while meeting legal obligations right here at home.