Take advantage of the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
If you choose to live in Alberta, you will be surrounded by natural beauty. You’ll also be close to national parks like Banff and Jasper. Alberta’s economy is growing rapidly. As such, they are looking for a wide variety of workers. They even have some programs which allow you to apply without arranged employment.
Below, you will find information on Alberta’s most pressing needs.
The AINP consists of three main immigration streams:
- Strategic Recruitment Stream
- Employer-Driven Stream
- Self-Employed Farmer Stream
Strategic Recruitment Stream
This stream allows individuals to apply to the AINP without employer support. It consists of three different categories:
- Compulsory and Optional Trades Category– Tradespersons who hold either an Alberta Qualification Certificate or a Recognized Trade Certificate may be eligible under this category. Individuals must be residing in Alberta on a valid work permit at the time of application and work in a compulsory or optional trade.
- Engineering Occupations Category– This category was designed for engineers, designers and drafters with Alberta work experience. Applicants must work in one of the designated occupations.
- Post Graduate Worker Category– Individuals who have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in Alberta, and who are currently working in Alberta in an eligible occupation on a Post-Graduation Work Permit, may be eligible for this program.
Learn more about eligibility requirements for the AINP Strategic Recruitment stream.
This stream allows employers to nominate workers to the AINP for Canadian immigration. In this way, applicants have the comfort of knowing that their job prospects are bright after becoming permanent residents, and employers can more easily retain the workers they need. This stream consists of three sub-categories:
- Skilled Worker Category– For individuals with a permanent, full-time job offer in an eligible skilled occupation. Individuals are not required to be working in Alberta at the time of application.
- International Graduate Category– For individuals who have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada, hold a valid Post-Graduation Work Permit, and have received a permanent, full-time job offer from an Alberta employer.
- Semi-Skilled Worker Category– For temporary foreign workers who have received a permanent, full-time job offer from an Alberta employer in an eligible semi-skilled occupation.
Learn more about eligibility requirements for the AINP Employer-Driven stream,
Self-Employed Farmer Stream
This stream allows individuals with the farming experience and personal funds to purchase and develop a farm in Alberta and apply for permanent residence. Successful applicants are farm owners/operators who plan to live in Alberta in order to purchase and manage their farming business. Learn more about eligibility requirements for the AINP Self-Employed Farmer stream.
Let us help you launch your new life in beautiful Alberta!
Contact CIP today if living under Alberta’s soaring mountains and boundless skies appeals to you. We can help you determine whether or not you are the type of immigrant this gorgeous province is looking for and expedite the process of proving it to the relevant authorities.