Though we live in a global economy, every country’s job market is different. It’s important to learn how to present yourself as an employee who is ready to work in Canada. This means tackling all aspects of your career process, including:
- Your CV/Resume
- Your cover letter
- Your interview skills
- Your work attitude
- Your work performance
Our career tools are designed to help you find meaningful employment within the Canadian borders. These tools include:
- Canada Job Search Tool: Start your job search now.
- Work in Canada: Questions about working and finding a job in Canada.
- Canada Resume Builder: Build your Canadian resume and store it in the CIP Resume Bank.
- Canada Salary Calculator: Obtain a salary report for different areas of Canada.
- Canadian Labour Standards: Learn about the minimum standards for wages and conditions of employment in each region of Canada. Rules on such issues as hours of work and overtime pay, vacations and pregnancy leave are all set out in this feature.
- Job Interviews: A summary of what may and may not be asked by Canadian employers as part of the employee selection process, and general information on how to ask questions in a non-discriminatory fashion.
- How to Write a Resume: Tips about how to tailor your resume for the Canadian job market.
- Canadian Salary Survey: From Cooks to Information Technology Specialists, find out what your education and experience are worth in Canada.
Remember, CIP is here to help. Contact us if you need help with any part of your Canadian job search. We may even be able to introduce you to employers who are looking for employees just like you!